June 9, 2014

summer essentials wishlist

If I were to be totally honest, I'd tell you that I HATE summer. Any season that makes a person feel like they are constantly wading through a vat of hot soup just has to be of the devil. I jest. But seriously- hot weather is so not my jam.

Of course, I happen to live in Alabama, which is unfortunate considering the fact that I really enjoy actual seasons. I like the idea of summer blending into fall blending into winter blending into spring and so on, perhaps in the same way that Olaf enjoys the notion of summer but has never really experienced it.

Now, you're probably thinking I'm off my rocker by this point. I've figured out this by now- I'm pretty much alone in my aversion to the skin-melting temperatures, pervasive suffocating humidity and blinding sun. Therefore, I'm learning how to blend in with the cool summer kids. Perhaps I should start with a summer uniform:

summer-essentials



How about that? See, I feel better already. After all, it's June now and there's not a polar vortex to be found. When you consider that fact, perhaps this summer thing isn't so bad. If I can stash a portable fan in that hobo bag and pour myself a tall glass of iced lemonade, maybe summer can be bearable after all!

How do you cope with the summer heat?

No comments :

Post a Comment

blog design © 2014 Sarah McConnell