- I started my first blog in 2010, after my oldest son was born. Since then, (counting... counting...) I've been through six (?) different blog names. I stopped writing my last blog, One Sweet Tuesday, after my youngest son was born. He's nine months old now and I decided to give it another try because I'm bothered by the fact I haven't been motivated to do creative things since I quit blogging.
- I've been married to the love of my life, Eric, for seven years. We met at the coffee shop where I was a barista in college.
- In some of my earliest memories, I dreamed of being a writer for a magazine, or an interior designer, or a photographer. That was l o o o o o o n g before the days that anyone could pick up a digital camera or a smart phone and create magazine-pretty lifestyle and design blogs on the interweb. Who knew?
- Eric and I have two sons, and I am a stay-at-home mom. Because if I go back to work, we'll have to pay for someone to keep the kids anyway, so why not enjoy them while they're still small?
- I am insatiably curious. If I want to know how to do something, I can't rest until I figure it out. I read voraciously, and tend to pick up four non-fiction titles to every fiction book I read.
- We have one dog (Iggy: Boston Terrier) and two cats (Angus and Willow: Russian Blue/Siamese/alley cat mix).
- I feel A W K W A R D in front of the camera. And I usually wind up looking pretty awkward, too. Therefore, you won't often see me post outfits or personal style. Which is all good, because in real life I wear yoga pants and no bra most of the time... believe me, no one wants to see that.
- On the Myers-Briggs scale, I am an INFJ.
- I was born and raised in Birmingham, Alabama. I've never lived anywhere else, and I don't plan to change that. But I do like to keep my options open...
- My faith in Jesus Christ is the most important thing about me: without Him, I am nothing. God has been writing my story far longer than I can conceive, and the least I can do is point to Him in all I do.
June 10, 2014
If we're going to be friends, you should probably know a few things about me.