July 31, 2014

gratitude | v. 04

gratitude-4

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. (James 1:17)

  • Seth starts preschool in less than two weeks. Pinch me. I never thought I'd be anxious for the day he'd start school, but this kid needs it! Obviously, he's a little stir crazy. And marker happy.
  • A closet full of brand new school clothes.
  • On that note, I'm thankful I survived our first school shopping expedition. There were moments I didn't think I would, honestly.
  • Teaching my dad how to hunt for geocaches.
  • I have our beach pictures edited and ready to share. It took a long time to go through them all! Beach photography is challenging but I'm happy with what I got. I'll share the best ones first thing next week!
  • Salt water taffy on the pier.
  • We came home from the sticky beach to a hometown experiencing a fall weather preview. You all know how I feel about summer. I'll take 59 degree mornings and 84 degree afternoons with no humidity all year long, thank you very much.
  • I'm happy my kids got to experience two vacations this year. We rarely leave town, and I've been anxious about the fact we needed to escape and our kids needed to see more of the world. God really blessed us with opportunities for exploration this summer!
  • Just found out Starbucks is opening a new store in the community where we spend most of our free time. Yay for not traveling to the other end of town for lattes!
  • A pile of clean clothes to sort and put away.

No comments :

Post a Comment

blog design © 2014 Sarah McConnell