August 22, 2014

gratitude | v. 05

gratitude v. 5

Do you see what we’ve got? An unshakable kingdom! And do you see how thankful we must be? Not only thankful, but brimming with worship, deeply reverent before God. For God is not an indifferent bystander. He’s actively cleaning house, torching all that needs to burn, and he won’t quit until it’s all cleansed. God himself is Fire! (Hebrews 12: 28-29 MSG)

  • I baked an apple pie this week, even though I felt like I was drowning in the deep end. You know what? It really did help. It was far from perfect- I didn't have enough dough to fill my pie pan so it looked sort of piecey. But it tasted amazing! Apple pie: 1 Bad week: 0 ...I'll call that a victory.
  • I found the IKEA table and chairs I've always wanted on Craigslist for a steal! They look amazing in our kitchen, and after I sell our old set, we'll nearly break even. That was a total mood lifter, for sure.
  • Eric and Seth playing Candyland at the new table last night. Be still, my heart.
  • I finished birthday shopping for both Eric and Hawk this week. YES. Eric's birthday is a little less than two weeks from now, and Hawk's first birthday is one week later. So, I'm early! Can I keep the presents tucked away that long? Time will tell.
  • Yesterday, I was praying through some lonely feelings. Let's be honest, moms. Sometimes the stay-at-home gig isn't what it's cracked up to be! It's truly the most isolating thing I've ever experienced. Well, BAM, out of the blue, my sister calls and invites herself over. I haven't seen her all summer because she's a busy trauma nurse juggling her full-time schedule at the hospital with a return to college so she can eventually become a nurse practitioner! (Proud big sis moment here.) We hung out nearly all day!
  • Really digging the Cartwheel app by Target. I'm training to become a first-class bargain shopper so we can start scrapping away to dig ourselves out of our real estate issues. I'm already pretty thrifty in a lot of ways (see: bullet about our new dining table, above), but it's time to get serious. This app is one more weapon in the arsenal!
  • 21 Days of Prayer is drawing to a close tomorrow. Even though I may not have seen earth-shaking breakthrough on some of my most fervent prayers, I know God is working and some of His greatest work is taking place inside me.

No comments :

Post a Comment

blog design © 2014 Sarah McConnell