September 8, 2014

eat, make, do | v. 02

I'm so thrilled that Eat, Make, Do has inspired some of you to put some action behind your intentions and get creative with your hands! Several of you reported to me over the last week via comments, tweets, and Instagram that you were more motivated to do some projects you've found online, instead of being passive consumers of digital inspiration. Hooray, all of us!

I know I felt really good after doing my project- a recipe. I put it off all week, and I really don't know why. It wasn't hard. It was even fun! But for some reason, I just didn't want to get my hands dirty- literally or figuratively. Finally, I carved out some extra time Friday evening before bedtime and invited Seth to help me mix up the ingredients. We had a blast, and when we were done, Saturday's breakfast was done! It was nice to wake up Saturday and already have breakfast waiting, instead of having to prepare it then.

Here's my inspirations for this week:

Eat, Make, Do | v. 02

EAT | Pumpkin Spice Vietnamese Iced Coffee by Food + Words
MAKE | Rolled Magazine Flowers + Antler Chalk Art by Jones Design Company
DO | Fall Capsule Wardrobe by Greater Than Rubies

And a picture of my scones- find the recipe on last week's post! The original recipe is raspberry, and all my boys turned up their noses to the idea of raspberry anything. I compromised and used strawberry, and then I made a simple icing with confectioner's sugar, milk and red food coloring! The measurements aren't exact- just add a tablespoon or two of milk to a bowl of confectioner's sugar and combine until you get a good consistency. Add food coloring and there you have it! I used a tablespoon to drizzle the icing over the scones. It was delicious!

Untitled

I already know which of these projects I plan to work on this week, and I'll have a separate post about the results sometime soon. I can't wait to see what you guys have been working on! If you've completed a project from your Pinterest boards lately, tag me on Instagram and use the hashtag #eatmakedo. I look forward to seeing your craftiness!

(Follow me on Pinterest)

Did you work on anything creative this weekend? Tell me about your projects in the comments!

No comments :

Post a Comment

blog design © 2014 Sarah McConnell