Every day I will bless you
and praise your name forever and ever.
Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised,
and his greatness is unsearchable. (Psalm 145:2-3)
- Last Friday evening, we went to see the Birmingham Barons play. Every year, the company that Eric works for hosts all the employees in the executive skybox at Regions Park and feeds us more hot dogs and barbecue than anyone can handle! We enjoyed taking the kids to the ball game and definitely plan again to go to several games next season.
- Every town has to have at least one iconic Instagram-able locale, wouldn't you agree? For Birmingham, I'd pick the rainbow-hued LightRails at the 18th Street viaduct downtown! After the ballgame, we walked to the rainbow tunnel with a couple of good friends. Hawk fell asleep in his stroller, of course (it was very much after bedtime!) but Seth really enjoyed the visual treat. If you ever visit, you must stay for a while! The lights are constantly changing color: you can't stand there watching them and not smile.
- Sunday, we had a party to celebrate both Eric's and Hawk's birthdays. I love having our family all together in our home!
- Homemade buttercream icing on chocolate cupcakes.
- I really can't believe how much Seth is already learning at school. It's been a little less than a month and he's already reciting and recognizing letters and their sounds... before long he'll be reading on his own. That's my big baby there... just, wow.
- Small groups! Our church offers groups in semesters, and there's always a break in summer. But the fall semester began this week, and I was so ready to get back into the habit of meeting with other believers.
- I ordered Halloween costumes for my boys from Zulily this week. Yes, early. Deal? Couldn't be beat. Now it's time to start knocking out the Christmas list!
- I downloaded the Acorns app this week. What a great idea! There's no better time than now to get serious about making good decisions with your money.
- For people with the audacious vision to provide an affordable, ethically-made children's capsule wardrobe to regular moms like me (with neither money nor time to research every stitch that goes into my children's clothing but a heart to know my money is well spent)... can't wait for the debut of Wildly Co.! The Kickstarter campaign ends tomorrow night- the goal to produce a boys' line has been met but let's help them meet the $30,000 goal so they can roll out the girls' designs as well!