September 26, 2014

what's inside my laptop bag.

DAAME4

Do you all remember a while back when I spilled my obsession for DAAME totes? Well, lookie what I got! The fine ladies and gents at DAAME sent this one my way, and I'm smitten.

DAAME3

I needed a good way to stash my computer on-the-go. I don't haul it with me everywhere I go, but when I do, it's nice to feel like the hardware I've invested in is protected and secure! That my laptop tote is seriously beautiful is a big bonus. And look- it has room for so much more!

DAAME2

I thought it'd be fun to list everything I carry with me on a daily basis. I like to keep the contents of my bag pretty low-key. Here's a list of the things I can stash in my DAAME laptop tote:
  • 13" Macbook Pro - (obviously). This is my sidekick. I need her to stay safe! She fits perfectly in the padded pouch inside this tote.
  • iPhone 5 - Surely this goes without saying. Here's the case I have on mine. I love it!
  • Date planner - I use this to keep my editorial calendar straight. Even when I'm not sticking to it!
  • Wallet - Never leave home without it. I've been carrying the same one for several years. I'm thinking about trading it in for this one soon!
  • Coin purse - You know, to keep the coins from getting lost in the bottom of the bag. That's so annoying! You've got to have something to keep it all together.
  • Zippered pouch - I like to have a medium sized pouch to contain all the other little loose ends that tend to get lost in purse bottoms: pens, nail clippers, gum, etc.
  • Lip balm - I am not much of a lipstick gal. But I have to have balm with me at all times!
  • Huggies Clutch n' Clean baby wipes
  • Diapers 
  • Baby food
  • Baby spoon
  • Lego Man
Those last few items, well, let's just say they go with the territory. I'm happy we're past the era of carrying the massive diaper bag everywhere we go, for sure! Usually, I can get by with just one or two diapers tucked down into my bag (depending on how long we plan to be out). As for the Lego dude- well, I can't tell you how he found his way down there. He's probably looking for some peace and quiet, and I can't blame him.

Luxury is not a necessity to me, but beautiful and good things are. (Anais Nin)

Speaking of quiet- I guess I can kiss that goodbye. This week, our house turned into quite the attraction for all the neighborhood kids! Seth has been pretty shy up until this year, so we haven't had to face this milestone yet. All the sudden, though, things have changed. The temperature went down and the bearable weather brought all the children outside. Meanwhile, Mr. Wallflower morphed into Mr. Popularity and the next thing I know, we have five kids running around the dining room, leaving Legos in their wake.

I had a momentary lapse of sanity and told two of them they can spend the night with us tonight. I don't know what I was thinking! It was an instinctive act of radical hospitality, and I intend to follow through with pizza and movies and all that jazz. Eric says he might crash with his parents to escape the chaos. I'm thinking I might try to follow suit with Mr. Lego and find a dark, cozy place to hide as well.

Is there one item you never leave home without? What's inside your bag? Can I come spend the night at your house tonight?

No comments :

Post a Comment

blog design © 2014 Sarah McConnell