October 6, 2014

10 things that happened this weekend (and no pictures to prove it)


Halfway through Friday morning, I felt it coming on: the tell-tale signs that burnout was right around the corner. Then and there, I decided I'd be taking a media-free weekend. I needed to take some time off to reboot!

Untitled

I took pictures this weekend, of the iPhone variety, and I thought I would share them with you today. But then I thought, "What do I have to prove?" Sometimes, it's good just to keep some pictures for myself. I don't feel the need to share every single thing I do or every single picture I take. But I did think I'd tell you today about ten things that happened this weekend (in no particular order):

  1. I went to a mini blogger meetup- erm, lunch date- with Jamie and Kristie. Eric was at work, so my boys tagged along. "Your kids are so well-behaved," says Jamie. Yeah, lady- you know how to make friends, don't you!? (wink wink) Sweetest people, ever- you must go over and say hello to them for me.
  2. Eric took us all out to dinner at the greatest little hole-in-the-wall Mexican place. I munched on a shrimp chimichanga while Seth had a corndog. Authentic.
  3. An after-dark galavant at our favorite park. I rocked my new leather bomber jacket and still had chill bumps. Yay, fall!
  4. We had to turn on the heat for the first time this season. Mmmmm, the smell of a gas furnace in the morning- there's nothing like it.
  5. Hawk wore his very first pair of Converse All-Stars like the rock star he is. I promise, the cuteness is lethal.
  6. (Almost) finished reading Let's All Be Brave by Annie F. Downs. Get thee to the bookstore and get your copy today. (...Reading the last chapters this morning while Seth is in preschool)
  7. Procured materials from Hobby Lobby and proceed to indulge in a jewelry-creating frenzy, making three new necklaces and a pair of earrings. 
  8. Celebrated the loss of another five pounds by finishing off the last of my birthday cake.
  9. Declared Sunday an official pajamas-only day and stayed home with all my boys: we munched pancakes and watched church services online. Glorious day of rest, Amen!
  10. Built a campfire and roasted marshmallows for s'mores.

 DO YOU EVER TAKE A SOCIAL MEDIA SABBATH? What did you do this weekend?

No comments :

Post a Comment

blog design © 2014 Sarah McConnell