November 20, 2014

a festive thanksgiving menu.

Woohoo, guys- one week until Thanksgiving! Only I don't have to wait that long, because my family is celebrating this weekend. Sunday works out best, scheduling-wise, with everyone in both mine and Eric's family- so, a Sunday feast we will have.

We're hosting at our house for the eight year in a row now! It's a lot of work but I always dreamed of being the one to host our family gatherings, so I'm happy to take up the mantle. Of course, this year brings a special challenge since Eric's been out of town. He won't be home until Saturday evening, so I'm preparing our casseroles ahead of time and popping them in the freezer.

We do a potluck affair, so I don't have to handle all of it. Whew! I love to do the stuffing and some sort of sweet potato casserole, and I usually pick a dessert as well. The rest gets delegated out to the others! My parents have a pretty swanky oven, so they bring the bird.

One day, I'd really like to try this mayonnaise roasted turkey recipe. Take a look at some other recipes I found for you guys. Maybe you'll find some inspiration for your own Thanksgiving gathering!

thxmenu

Mayonnaise Roasted Turkey by She Wears Many Hats
Maple Cinnamon Cranberry Sauce by Family Fresh Cooking
Apple, Sausage & Cornbread Stuffing by Fork Knife Swoon
Scalloped Sweet Potatoes by A Girl Worth Saving
Sauteed Zucchini with Mint, Basil and Pine Nuts by Alexandra Cooks
Roasted Parmesan Green Beans by Skinnytaste
Salt + Vinegar Kale Mashed Potatoes by Edible Perspective
Buttery Dinner Rolls by Dine & Dish
Pesto Deviled Eggs by Mother Thyme
Pumpkin Roll by Gimme Some Oven
Pecan Pie Brownies by Just a Taste

What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?

No comments :

Post a Comment

blog design © 2014 Sarah McConnell