Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord;
let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before him with thanksgiving
and extol him with music and song. (Psalm 95:1-2 NIV)
- I am so grateful to live in a country where I have the right to vote! This year's midterm election has come and gone- some of the folks I voted for made it, and some did not. Isn't that the way it goes? I'm a pretty moderate person and you'll rarely ever see me actually announce my political leanings publicly. I researched every race on my local ballot and voted for the people I thought most qualified for each job, regardless of party. The whole time I spent poring over news articles and public records to plan for the polls, I was covered in a feeling of complete pride in the the process and thankfulness for the people who worked so hard to earn the right the vote for women just under a century ago!
- The texture of a new rug under my feet.
- That sale over at Gap.com a few weeks back- everything 40% off. I replaced some of the items from my fall capsule that were a little threadbare and feel swanky in my new threads!
- Hot cocoa with marshmallows.
- Sneaking leftover Halloween candy from the bucket when my son isn't watching.
- Rearranging the living room furniture. Again.
- My friend whose wedding I photographed has returned from her honeymoon and came over to my house this week to play with the kids while I worked on her pictures. How many wedding photographers do you know that make their clients babysit for them? Haha. I am about halfway done now!
- Potluck game nights with friends from church.