December 15, 2014

free indeed.

Several months ago, I was full of ideas for this space and had plans to ramp up my editorial calendar gradually until I'd be posting every weekday by the New Year. I had no idea I'd be spending nearly two months without Eric at home to back me up- and I also didn't know that God would press on me an acute desire to set every area of my life in a new order! My heart's desires have been shifted far beyond what I'd ever have expected over the last couple of months, and I know much of that has been because of the time I spent in preparation for the LIFE retreat.

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
(John 8:36 NIV)

Untitled


In the weekly meetings with my LIFE group, we'd each have time to meet one-on-one with a group leader and discuss prayer needs. Honestly, I've had it pretty easy lately and all I could think of was to say, "Pray for me to be more disciplined." I knew I needed more order, more discipline, more motivation and direction for my days. I wasn't totally slovenly, but my heart felt disorganized and my directions unclear.

All I can say is WHOA, be careful what you ask for! My days are different from the way they looked a few months ago. Not overwhelmingly: the differences are subtle in some ways. But the difference in my heart? Wow, so much peace. So much joy. I can't even explain it!

I expected the earth to shake under my feet at the retreat this weekend, but instead of earthquakes and mighty rushing wind, I received a warm embrace and gentle whispers from my Maker. He said, My daughter, I've already moved your mountains. Now, allow Me to sweep away some of the pebbles and dust that remain. I've got some housekeeping to take care of in your heart, dear, but you are already well on the way to My purpose for your life!

Untitled

Resolved, never to do anything which I should be afraid to do if it were the last hour of my life! (Jonathan Edwards)

This week, Eric is finally wrapping up his project in Georgia and coming home. He's actually going to be working in Birmingham for a while now- no long commute and no nights away from home! Welcoming him home will require adjustments to some of our new routines, but I'm so happy to have our family complete again!

No comments :

Post a Comment

blog design © 2014 Sarah McConnell