December 22, 2014

hopes.

The last full week of the year has arrived, along with the Christmas hustle and bustle and no small amount of introspection. I've been thinking about all I've accomplished this year and (quite alternately) all that I have not. Successes and failures aside, this week of the year always brings me to consider my hopes for what's to come.

IMG_3552

I'm hoping to be a better editor in the year to come: limiting my words to only those that are beneficial for encouragement and building people up, limiting my possessions to only those things that bring me joy, limiting my activities to only those things that keep my feet on the path the Father God is laying in front of me.

My focus is shifting toward my children, and I'm thinking a lot about how I spend time with them. I regret a lot about the first five years of my life as a mother and hope to change my perspective significantly in the months ahead. I want to spend more time actively playing with them and less time fussing. More time modeling a lifestyle of tangible creativity, discipline, faith and hospitality. Less time looking at digital screens and putting my own wishes in the place of priority.

Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. (Psalm 90:12, NIV)

This week is going to be a busy one: we've got lots of sugar cookie baking, present wrapping, candlelight church servicing, bonfire-ing and caroling, and holly-jolly-Christmas-ing ahead. There's a family event everyday for four days in a row, beginning Christmas Eve, and I'm cooking something for each one. We'll be traveling and visiting and celebrating for a while to come! I'm expecting the best Christmas, ever.

How will you be spending your Christmas holiday?

No comments :

Post a Comment

blog design © 2014 Sarah McConnell