December 8, 2014

re|direct.

Being under the weather over the last week has given me opportunity to spend quality time evaluating our lifestyle, and I've noted quite a few things. We're not far off: really, very close indeed to the kind of life I've always dreamed of living. I've been so full of peace lately, and I want to hold onto that feeling!

In the end, though, when my life is nearly gone, I don't want to look back and say to myself, I yearned for a certain kind of life, and I almost found it, but never quite grabbed ahold of it. Honestly, is there anything much worse than realizing something like that too late?

Toward that end, I've decided it's time for some small redirections in our daily routines. I'm putting more effort this week into cleaning out some hidden clutter (physical and spiritual). I know I want more time to connect with people face-to-face. And more time creating tangible things with my hands (not just in the digital realm). Mostly, I want more time digging into Scripture and really digesting it, not just tasting the surface.

Untitled

Over the weekend: I lost my voice, wheezed a lot, and then finally felt like a human again. I shopped for a new handbag, decided to start exercising after the kids go to bed each night (morning does not work, no matter how early I rise), took the kids to visit with my bestie and her kids after church, and otherwise procrastinated everything else I need to do. It was wonderful.

I'm looking forward to a prayer retreat this coming weekend. I registered for it a while back and I've been part of a small group preparing for the retreat through the fall. Now it's almost here, and I'm so excited to know what God is preparing!

What are you looking forward to this week?

No comments :

Post a Comment

blog design © 2014 Sarah McConnell