January 7, 2015

first time for everything.

My week began with a sore throat. It started Sunday morning, and by Monday, I could hardly swallow or turn my head. I mean, goodness! Haven't I been sick enough lately? I marched myself down to a nearby doctor's office after Eric came home from work, but they were too overbooked to work me in.

Now, you need to keep in mind that I never see a doctor. I mean, hardly ever. But I had to admit, something was off. This wasn't your typical sore throat! I've never had strep throat before now, but I was suspicious.


DSC_0008

Yesterday morning, Seth told me his throat was sore as well. And Hawk- well, I don't even want to talk about his persistent terrible mood! I'd been toting him around on my hip for the greater part of the last week, pretty unable to do anything but hold him unless he'd mercifully fall asleep. I'd chalked it up to teething, or Wonder Week 75. But yesterday- his nose began gushing goo. I'm pretty sure that's the medical-ish description of his symptoms, anyhow.

So, off to the pediatrician's office we trekked to get our diagnoses-

  1. Seth: strep throat, indeed.
  2. Hawk: double ear infection (even though he'd just finished a round of antibiotics for the same thing less than two weeks ago...)
I knew we could deduce from Seth's diagnosis that I also had strep- there's a first time for everything, folks. I made my return to the good doctor's office to get myself seen about yesterday afternoon. My deductive powers are sound, and strep it is!

But, hallelujah! Today is much better! I see light at the end of the tunnel... And, I can swallow. That's always a bonus. I survived to see the betterness that is today by sipping on lemon-ginger tea with honey and sucking on cough drops. 

How do you take care of yourself when you are sick?

No comments :

Post a Comment

blog design © 2014 Sarah McConnell