June 1, 2015

simple meal plan | v. 01

Undoubtedly, grocery shopping is the one thing that really tends to complicate my life. I dread the trip to the supermarket more that just about any other chore. For one thing, I'm never guaranteed a day during the week when someone else can watch after the kids. Eric usually works on Saturdays, and Sundays are a day busy with church and family, so weekday grocery runs are the norm for our family. I usually wind up dragging both kids along for the ride, and none of us are very happy about the whole situation!

Fortunately, I've devised a pretty workable system to relieve (not eliminate, mind you!) the stress of the market trip. Maybe one day I'll share all my secrets in one post, but for today I'm just focusing on one aspect of my method: the monthly meal plan! I know you guys must know what a meal plan is, right!? Grocery shopping without a meal plan is insanely stressful. So why live without one?

Untitled


I haven't been extraordinarily organized with my meal planning in recent months, but this summer I'd like to get back on track! I've written out a meal plan for the month of June, and since I know it'll really help us out as we plan our grocery shopping, I thought it might be helpful for you as well. How would you like to peek into our pantry and see what's going on?

For the first week of June, our plan looks like this:

Monday

Tuesday

  • Breakfast: Pancakes + Fruit
  • Lunch: Grilled cheese sandwiches + apple slices
  • Dinner: Meatloaf + mashed potatoes + roasted green beans

Wednesday

  • Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs + Toast
  • Lunch: Deli meat sandwiches + side salad
  • Dinner: Turkey Alfredo Pasta + steamed broccoli

Thursday

  • Breakfast: Carrot and Raisin muffins
  • Lunch:  Grilled cheese sandwiches + apple slices
  • Dinner: Fish sticks + roasted sweet potatoes + steamed kale

Friday

  • Breakfast: Carrot and Raisin muffins
  • Lunch: Egg salad sandwiches + steamed greens
  • Dinner: Garlic and Herb Chicken + lima beans + black-eyed peas

Saturday

  • Breakfast: Sausage + Toast + fruit
  • Lunch: Egg salad sandwiches + steamed greens
  • Dinner: "Leftover Potluck" + Perfect Lemon Bars

Sunday

What does your meal plan look like this week?

No comments :

Post a Comment

blog design © 2014 Sarah McConnell